Family Feud: The Hatfield & McCoy Marathon
I ran the Hatfield & McCoy Marathon on June 13. Started in Kentucky and finished in West Virginia. Not the easiest course - had some hills (a couple real nice ones), humid and warm/hot. I started with a compression sleeve on my right calf (been having leg issues...actually not sure if it is the calf, groin pull, and/or sciatica). I also used my trekking poles (good practice using them for future races).
Because of the leg, I intentionally took it slow. Told Cori a sub-6 hour would be nice, but hoping for sub- 7 and would take a sub-8 if the leg really acted up. I did the half-marathon in about 2:40.... my watch died about mile 23. Ended up crossing the finish in 6:02 (even though 2 minutes past the six hour mark, it still counted...there is no cut-off times at that marathon).
Enjoyed the race and the 16 1/2 hour 5 state drive to and from it (despite some heavy rains, storms, and stop-and-go traffic at times).


Comments
Post a Comment