Blue Bell Half-Marathon

 


Ran the Blue Bell Half-Marathon in Brenham, Texas. Was a bit concerned as my left calf has not fully healed from the Little Rock Marathon 3 weeks prior….and the course was full of hills. I was hoping to at least go sub-2 hours.
Started off well and my pace was around 8 minute 10 second miles through the 10k but my calf started acting up. Had to favor it the rest of the race (and sadists….I mean race organizers, had runners basically finish up hill (except the last couple blocks)).
Anyway, got my sub-2 hours with a finish time of 1:53:48. Took 5th in my age group….3 minutes off of top 3, but overall OK considering the calf.


Leg is pretty sore now. Will be icing it and elevating it.


Blue Bell is our Texas ice cream and at the finish line I tried a fudge bar (good). Plus, after the race, the ice cream was free at their creamery and market. I had their chocolate with peanut butter - very good (they don’t sell it in stores, only there). I’m a huge peanut butter & chocolate fan, Cori doesn’t like the combination (I think that not liking chocolate & peanut butter is a sure sign of communism).


Now to pick out my next race. The Hatfield & McCoy Marathon in June in Kentucky is my next official registered entry….but if I can mend this calf, I’ll probably jump in another race before than.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE LAST ANNUAL VOL STATE ROAD RACE 2026

Berlin Marathon - Entered!

Summer Meltdown 1/2 Marathon