Labor Day Run 13.1 Houston



I used this 1/2 Marathon as a warm-up for my Maine Marathon.  It was put on by The Best Races which directs pretty low-key events.  It took place in Eleanor Tinsley Park, in Memorial Park, Houston.  It was multiple laps of out-and-backs.

The day was a bit warm but not horrible.  The race started along with a 5k and a 10k so it was tough to know my overall standing.  I also found the turn-arounds may have been a tad short (I actually ran a little extra at the end to get my watch to read 13.1).   I don't recall my overall time because of the distance issue and the fact it wasn't officially timed.  I do think I may have finished in the top 3 or the 1/2....but again, it was low-key and mixed with other distances so not sure.  The 5k and 10k took all the finishers medals...but the race mailed out medals to those (like me) that didn't get one at the end.

It was fun though and the t-shirt was nice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE LAST ANNUAL VOL STATE ROAD RACE 2026

Berlin Marathon - Entered!

Summer Meltdown 1/2 Marathon