Salina Crossroads Marathon - Kansas
Despite waking up by/with the headache from hell (had to take my migraine meds), I managed to finish the Salina, Kansas Crossroads marathon in November, 2023. Kansas gave me state #12 in my 50 States Marathon Count. The race entry fee was fantastic! $5.00 (with a t-shirt....now the race is around the same cost, sometimes free, but t-shirt is extra).
I was actually on 4:10 pace through mile 17 (which would have been my fastest 2023 marathon) but I hit the wall (hard) and finished in 5:03 (I think I could have broken 5:00 but I literally missed the turn for the finishing line and added a few city blocks to my distance). I think it was lifetime #51 marathon or longer.
I was actually on 4:10 pace through mile 17 (which would have been my fastest 2023 marathon) but I hit the wall (hard) and finished in 5:03 (I think I could have broken 5:00 but I literally missed the turn for the finishing line and added a few city blocks to my distance). I think it was lifetime #51 marathon or longer.
Overall a good event and my 6th marathon or longer this year:
Houston Marathon, Strolling Jim, Bear Lake Idaho, Bear Lake Wyoming, Bear Lake Utah, Salina Crossroads (also 6 different states).
Was also state #49 for me to visit (the drive and naps in Oklahoma to and from gave me state #48). Now I am planning a marathon in Maine to visit state #50...and add a new state to my marathon states count (and have some lobster)
Was also state #49 for me to visit (the drive and naps in Oklahoma to and from gave me state #48). Now I am planning a marathon in Maine to visit state #50...and add a new state to my marathon states count (and have some lobster)





Comments
Post a Comment