Three Marathons in Three States in Three Days (ID, WY, and UT)

 


I entered the Bear Lake Trifecta in 2023.  This was three marathons in three states (Idaho, Wyoming, and Utah) in three consecutive days.  I was really looking forward to it as it would bring me back to our former home state of Idaho (and it gave me a chance to revisit friends and family in Idaho Falls).  

The marathons took place at or near Bear Lake, which was separated by the state border between Idaho and Utah.  Idaho was first - so after I landed in Salt Lake City, I drove towards Idaho.  I was in Cache National Forest which was beautiful. 




I then got to the Idaho border.




The Idaho race was overall pretty flat, with some rollers.  It did get warm.  I wasn't racing it and finished in a 5:41. That actually got me third in my age group.

As I drove  I also came across the Butch Cassidy museum.  I love the movie Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid so I had to stop.




The Wyoming race was a bit off of the lake in Cokeville, Wyoming.  The course had more rollers than Idaho.  I ran a similar time (5 hours 26 minutes).  As I crossed the finish line I saw some Texas friends - they own a place in Wyoming and just happened to be nearby and filmed my finish: (3) Facebook

After Wyoming came the last state of Utah.  I was a bit tired by this time (and had changed shoes to a pair of old running shoes I had used as walking shoes).  Finished the trifecta with a 5:37. 

All in all, it was a great series and got me three new marathon states (plus I had a great time revisiting Idaho Falls).




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE LAST ANNUAL VOL STATE ROAD RACE 2026

Berlin Marathon - Entered!

Summer Meltdown 1/2 Marathon